Many estate planning attorneys take a “one-size fits all” approach with their clients; they do this so that they can work with as many people as possible in a short period of time. The problem is that the client has an impersonal experience; but worse than that, this way of planning can lead to unintended results in the long run for the family.
Even though you may pay less up front to get a standard set of documents, things end up much more expensive in the long run. Plus, you leave your family at risk of having to deal with an expensive, unnecessary court process during a time of tremendous grief.
When lawyers do not take the time to listen and consider your family’s personal circumstances, the result is that your estate planning documents do not end up reflecting what you really want to happen for your family after you're gone. And usually there is no review or updating, so the plan quickly becomes outdated and does not work when your family needs it most.
At McRee Law, PLLC, we take the time to listen and understand your circumstances, goals, and objectives. If what you want is to know you’ve got a plan in place that will work when your family needs it, and keep the people you love out of court and out of conflict, and your assets out of the hands of the government, then McRee Law might be the right fit for you.
1. All fees are fixed fees agreed to in advance, so there are no surprises. At the initial meeting, you will choose the level of planning and the fee that works best for your family.
2. You're not just given a set of legal documents and sent on your way. We help you ensure that your assets are owned in the right way, your kids’ well-being is properly planned for, and everyone you’ve named in your plan knows what to do if anything happens to you. We also help ensure that none of your assets become part of the $58 Billion of unclaimed assets across the United States.
3. We foster a lifetime, ongoing relationship and review your plan at no cost once every three years at your request. Throughout your life, things change. You change; your assets change; your family changes; the law will definitely change. When planning with us, your plan will keep up with those changes.
4. We help you plan for your life and death and ensure that if you have minor children they are never raised by anyone you wouldn’t want or taken into the care of strangers. And, if your children are adults, we help you weave them into your estate plan with care and forethought.
5. We help you transfer your most important wealth to your loved ones, including your intellectual, spiritual and human assets - who you are and what’s important to you.
The transmission and receipt of information contained on this Web site, in whole or in part, or communication with McRee Law, PLLC, via the Internet or e-mail through this website does not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship between us and any recipient. You should not send us any confidential information in response to this webpage. Such responses will not create a lawyer-client relationship, and whatever you disclose to us will not be privileged or confidential unless we have agreed to act as your legal counsel and you have executed a written engagement agreement with McRee Law, PLLC. The material on this website may not reflect the most current legal developments. The content and interpretation of the law addressed herein is subject to revision. We disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this site to the fullest extent permitted by law. Do not act or refrain from acting upon this information without seeking professional legal counsel. This website is for informational purposes only.